Thomas W. Crosley
1672 E. Heather Ave.
Gilbert, Arizona 85234
480 797-8692 FAX: 480 452-0756
Click the Download button to download a copy of this resume as an MS Word (.doc) file.
Dedicated and knowledgeable Hardware/Software Architect with a distinguished record of achievement designing, developing and delivering cutting edge technologies that enable companies to attain goals within strict time constraints. Self-motivated multi-tasker with the demonstrated ability to work independently or as an integral team member to achieve goals.
Clients include Alere, Medtronic, Orange, DirecTv, Sony, Schlage Lock, Apple, and GTE.
Operating Systems: All versions of Windows, iOS, UNIX/Linux; Also: Intel, SiLabs, Freescale/Motorola, PIC and ARM 8-, 16- and 32-bit embedded microprocessors.
Other: Digital and analog hardware design; PCB layout; real-time operating OS,; multimedia, graphics, animation, sound; Internet protocols; USB, IrDA, SPI, I2C and other serial interfaces; LCD and OLED display interfaces; wireless devices (cell modems, Bluetooth, BLE, ZigBee, ISM); encryption ; parsers, compilers, translators; device drivers.
Alere Connect (AZ) - (2012-2015)
Firmware production testing of for two wireless medical devices including cell and Bluetooth modems, hardware and firmware for a development board for prototyping
Performance Trends (MI) - (2011-present)
Firmware for several instruments to test high-end automotive engines; analog hardware for PID control.
BoomRight (AZ) - (2011-2012)
Firmware for remote control of boom-mounted professional Sony video cameras.
Transcend (NJ) - (2010-2011)
Feasibility study for placing wireless HD cameras on the front of football helmets.
Mind Gear (OH) - (2010-2011)
Hardware, firmware and PCB layout for a dongle that plugs into an iPhone for a light and sound machine.
RK Inventions, LLC (IL) - (2007-2013)
Hardware and firmware for a "hold-on-hold" telephone device.
MedApps (AZ) - (2006-2012)
Hardware and firmware for three wireless devices to interface with various medical devices, including several "smart cables", all meeting FDA standards; hardware, firmware and PCB layout for production test equipment.
Temple Software (AZ) - (2005)
Software to lookup VIN entries in a database for use by the Arizona DPS in their vehicles.
Star Instruments (AZ) - (2005)
Software to interface to a Galil motion controller, for a telescope mirror polisher using multiple stepper motors.
Sensys Medical (AZ) - (2004-2007)
Linux drivers for a non-invasive glucose measuring system; hardware and firmware for motor control boards.
Light Diagnostics (UT) - (2003-2004)
BigBlueMarketing (PA) - (2003-2012)
Developed a large (500+ PHP pages) CMS/CRM web site for real estate agents which hosted over 1200 domains.
Therapeutic Research Center (CA) - (2003)
Software for Palm and Pocket PC applications to access prescription drug and natural medicine databases.
France Telecom (CA) - (2002)
Conducted a study for France Telecom/Orange relating to secure wireless devices using Palm OS.
SoftOlogy (CA) - (2000-2003)
Software for a speed-reading product (RapidReader) and a multimedia authoring tool (StoryBoarder).
DirecTV (CA) - (1999)
Assisted in the transition of maintenance of DirecTv software from Sony to DirecTV, including Y2K modifications.
Sony (CA, CO, FL, Japan) - (1993-1998)
Software for the automation and scheduling of DirecTv broadcasts; system specs for Latin American/Japan projects.
• Web sites including Argentine au pair registration, matchmaking site, investment survey with automated response..
• Firmware for a Hyundai cruise control; fiber-optic temperature measuring system for operating rooms; multi-channel television studio audio mixer/fader console; and smart-card based electronic postage meter,
• Hardware and firmware for Schlage Lock's electronic hotel lock; security and control system; high-speed temperature measuring system for a paper plant, photo chemical recycling system, and orthoscopic surgical tool.
• Pascal compiler for GTE, software for Apple to launch the Apple IIGS, operations planning software for law enforcement and SWAT teams, software to control a milling machine for Schlage; and firmware for semiconductor burn-in ovens.
• Lead call processing engineer for digital PBX project for BNR (part of Bell Canada), hardware and software for GTE's #1 EAX electronic telephone switch.
• Guest lecturer on operating systems at Stanford University.
Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago, Illinois
Master of Science, Computer Science
Iowa State University Ames, Iowa
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
Awarded 22 US Patents
Published in several national trade and consumer magazines
Previous Member of Board of Directors, Professional and Technical Consultants Association (PATCA)